Friday, September 23, 2011

'Captain America 2' unlikely to reach theaters before 2014, Chris Evans says

Not coming soon to a theater near you.
The good news: actor Chris Evans is signed for three Avengers films and three Captain America films.

The bad news: Don't expect to see "Cap 2" until 2014. And don't expect Steve Rogers to make any cameos in the meantime, either.

"Marvel has a lot of balls in the air," Evans told The Playlist, comicbookmovie.com reported. The actor said putting him in "Iron Man 3" or "Thor 2," for example, would count toward the contractual commitment of six total films.

"So if they needed me in a third Cap, and I say ... 'give me $30 million,' well ... they want to avoid that."


On making "The Avengers" with Scarlett Johannson (The Black Widow), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Robert Downey Jr. (Iron Man) and Mark Ruffalo (Bruce Banner):
Oh, it's the best. It was like summer camp. You know what I mean? Like, it was fun, it was a character I knew, a character I was comfortable with. I really liked the script. Everyone in the cast ... I've done a million movies with Scarlett. I've known Hemsworth a while, he was great. And everyone is so cool: Downey and Ruffalo and everyone's so ... cool. ... If we all didn't get along, it just could have been such a disaster. But it couldn't have gone better.


No comments:

Post a Comment