Thursday, January 19, 2012

Steven Moffat hints at extra episodes of 'Dr. Who'

Don't make Steven Moffat sic his friend on you.
In a brief interview with RadioTimes (1 minute and 11 seconds, to be exact), "Dr. Who" showrunner Steven Moffat offered a tantalizing glimpse of the Time Lord's future.

First, he tells the interviewer that the show will have "a long run" when it returns in the fall. From the sound of the interviewer's voice, you would think he had just won the lottery. Moffat, in turn, plays with the interviewer like a cat playing with a mouse.

"You're saying, maybe more than 13 parts?"

"Am I? Did I say that?"

After another question, Moffat points out that, including the Christmas episode, the season will be "at least 14" episodes. He then continued to tease the interviewer - and us - in response to a question about the 50th anniversary of Dr. Who in 2013:

"I think, honestly, and just saying this as a Dr. Who fan myself, and knowing a certain amount of what's coming and making some of the other stuff up, there will never be a better time, I promise you, I promise you, for so many reasons I can't talk about yet, there will never be a better time to be a Dr. Who fan, I absolutely promise that."





No comments:

Post a Comment