Tuesday, October 23, 2012

John Simm Would Like To Return As The Master



At the Cheltenham Literature Festival John Simm revealed he would like to give another spin on the classic Doctor Who villain.  Saying he would like to make him more menacing and less silly.

Here is what he said in his own words.

“Russell T Davies had a specific idea of what he wanted him to be like. So I just had to do exactly what he wanted me to, and he wanted a giggling lunatic”   “I started annoying myself after a while”.

“There’s a new writer now and I’m sure his take on him would be very different so I’d be interested to have a look at it. I’d like to take the Master to a very, very dark place."


I would like to see a return of The Master and indeed a darker less sillier one at that.

Source Den of Geek

1 comment:

  1. Bravo!!!! Thank you John Simm. Hopefully this will happen because I know he will be a great Master if done properly.

    ReplyDelete